Woman Unleashed

Breaking free of centuries of societal roles and learning to stop defining ourselves by the things we DO. God created women as human "be"-ings. When we learn to let go of our control, we free the woman inside our souls, the amazing, gifted woman God created us to BE.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hat Update

The hat thing's not working for me. I do a lot of "little" prayers throughout the prayer - some people call them ejaculatory prayers. I like to spontaneously talk to the Lord about things as the day goes along. I've found myself holding off on my prayers because I'm not wearing the head covering.

I talked to my husband, and he said, "I'm glad you're honest." I'll keep wearing it at church as a sign of obedience (I've never been good at obedience because I'm so obstinate), so this is growth for me.

A lot of the women aren't wearing head coverings at church, but they are at home, which I find interesting.

Anyway, the head covering's turning into a bunch of hoopla over nothing. It'll be done and gone and out of my life in a few weeks. The only benefit to me is that I'll have done something stupid, without complaining (too much), just because someone who's a spiritual authority asked me to. That there's a sign of growth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Found you via The Building Brows.

Interesting to see this post...

I grew up in the 60's in one of those churches (a very, very legalistic one) which required head coverings for women "in the meeting" (ie; during services) but not everywhere all the time.

A few years ago, a missionary/dear friend of mine, felt convicted on her own, to wear a head covering this way.

Personally, I think because of my "baggage" with head coverings (lots of 'stupid' stories I could share about the chapel's requirements) I would find it would distract me during prayer.

Of course, if my husband asked me to do it, as a sign of humility and submission, I would have to try.

Thankfully he doesn't. :)

Hh

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home