Woman Unleashed

Breaking free of centuries of societal roles and learning to stop defining ourselves by the things we DO. God created women as human "be"-ings. When we learn to let go of our control, we free the woman inside our souls, the amazing, gifted woman God created us to BE.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 09, 2006

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This



My great-uncle Donny died a little over a week ago at church. He died suddenly of a massive heart attack with his wife and pastor present. There's no better way to go to be with the Lord.

The family put a memorial to him up on www.mem.com and posted pictures of him that included Uncle Donny and his wife at my brother's wedding and pictures of Uncle Donny as a young man dressed in his army uniform, carrying a gun, ready to go off to the Korean war.

I'd never seen the pictures of him as a young man. I only knew him as an old man. Boy, was he handsome! It broke my heart to

compare him in the spring of youth with my memory of him as an older, but wiser man. It took me a minute to realize why I felt sad to see him young.

It wasn't meant to be like this. We weren't meant to grow old. We were meant to live young and eternally.

Uncle Donny is in heaven, young again, and living eternally.
We'll meet again, Uncle Donny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle said...

Your uncle is such a hunk! hehehe

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home