Woman Unleashed

Breaking free of centuries of societal roles and learning to stop defining ourselves by the things we DO. God created women as human "be"-ings. When we learn to let go of our control, we free the woman inside our souls, the amazing, gifted woman God created us to BE.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

Win a Book Here!

This is a little off topic, but since every girl needs a healthy vice, like reading fluffy Christian romance, I'm offering a free, brand new copy of "Stealing Adda" by Tamara Leigh to whomever I draw out of a hat! Leave a comment about this website by clicking on "comment" at the end of this entry. Be sure to include you name and e-mail address. Next Friday, March 10th, I'll put all the names in a hat, draw one out, and mail the book off to the winner. (I'll contact you for your mailing address then.)

Stealing Adda, releasing this month, is a Christian chick-lit novel by the award-winning writer of 7 traditional romance novels. It's her first foray into the CBA market.

Tamara, how many books have you published to date?

My first book, WARRIOR BRIDE, was published by Bantam in 1994 and was followed by six more medieval romances--four with Bantam, two with HarperCollins, and one with Dorchester. STEALING ADDA makes number eight!

How much of the book is based on your experience in the publishing world?

Naturally, many of my own experiences in the publishing world of romance served as the foundation upon which STEALING ADDA was written. Unfortunately, my experiences are nowhere near as exciting, entertaining, or devastating as Adda's. Or perhaps fortunately, hmm?

Are you concerned that publishers and editors will take offense to the insider's look you provide of that world?

Sometimes the truth hurts. The good news is that publishers and editors aren't the ones who'll be buying STEALING ADDA. As the majority of publishers and editors are New Yorkers, they're hardly thin-skinned. In fact, some might think I painted a pretty rosy picture of their world.

What turned you from writing historicals to writing contemporaries?

That would be my therapist. Just kidding. Actually, I went on strike--as in burned out, disillusioned, and fed up. But that's another story Adda could tell far better than I.

Which is harder, historicals or contemporaries?

Historicals. Definitely. Though the medieval time period remains my first love and I hope to write more for the inspirational market, I've never had as much fun writing a book as I did when I tackled STEALING ADDA.

Thanks, Tamara, for the short chat and the chance to let one of my readers read your book for free.

17 Comments:

Blogger Brandy Brow said...

Can you believe I've never read chick-lit? I've always wanted to, but somehow never got there. I hope Tamara's book does well.

Brandy of The Building Brows

11:33 AM  
Blogger Storyteller said...

Interesting. Easy to read. Imformitive. Uplifting

11:33 AM  
Blogger Brandy Brow said...

BTW, for the drawing my e-mail is thebuildingbrows[at]gmail.com

Brandy of The Building Brows

11:35 AM  
Blogger Catherine West said...

Hi, Terri,
You have a great blog here. I will look forward to visiting again.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling us about this book. It sounds very interesting! I know Tamara's publisher is well respected, so she must have written a wonderful story. I will look for it...or win it and read it. : )

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from BBSwap! :-)

Shelley (aka Trozzort)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Jan Price said...

Hi, Terri,

I found the link to your blog in today's CWG digest. I enjoyed reading several of your posts, so I am bookmarking your site for future reading.

"Stealing Adda" sounds like an interesting book.

Jan

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting book! I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to win this book - pick me! (Shamelessly begging~)
Melissa@bluedoveministries.com

6:56 AM  
Blogger Fencemender said...

Once a year I grab something frivolous (i.e. not homeschool-related) to read while camping, just to remind myself of who I am -this sounds like just the book!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Tamara for making the crossover!

Thanks for the great post, Terri!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, my website and email address didn't come through on my comment. It's tabris02@verizon.net

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you have a God honoring website. Also, I didn't know that there was a ribbon for "Choose Life". That's great.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just posted but didn't leave my e-mail address for the give away. It's cnybookworm@verizon.net Thanks!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Toss my name in the hat, too. It's good to find your blog. pkslack@gmail.com

1:48 PM  
Blogger EditingSarah said...

I'm interested, I think. . Is it an e book? E books are easier for me because I am disabled.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

You have a very nice blog..simple and easy to navigate.. it's very insightful too..

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home