Woman Unleashed

Breaking free of centuries of societal roles and learning to stop defining ourselves by the things we DO. God created women as human "be"-ings. When we learn to let go of our control, we free the woman inside our souls, the amazing, gifted woman God created us to BE.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Responding to God in Song



God created humankind in His image. The marriage relationship reveals something about the relationship between God and us, where men represent an aspect of God and women represent an aspect of humans.

God is the initiator of our relationship with Him "We love, because He first loved us." Physically, men are (usually) the initiators of a physical relationship between the husband and wife.

People respond to God with love. The wife accepts and responds to her husband with love.

This led to an answer God gave me this week to a question I've asked for many years and never (until this week) had a satisfactory answer to: "Why do we sing to God? We praise Him, tell Him how glorious He is, and He enjoys it and asks us to sing. It makes Him sound egotistical to create us to praise Him. So, knowing that God isn't egotistical, because he's all love, why do we sing?"

The answer I heard is: Because God sang to us first, and He continues to sing to us. He tells us how much He loves us and how special we are to Him.

An obscure minor prophet at the end of the Old Testament, Zephaniah, wrote, "The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

The word singing is the Hebrew word rinnah, which means a ringing cry, in proclamation, joy, or praise.

So God is singing praises over us. I think He sings to our hearts continually. The problem is that we don't listen for it.

I'm going to open the ears of my heart and listen to His song. "My beloved spoke, and said to me: 'Rise up, my love, my fair one, And come away.'" (Song of Solomon 2:8)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home