Woman Unleashed

Breaking free of centuries of societal roles and learning to stop defining ourselves by the things we DO. God created women as human "be"-ings. When we learn to let go of our control, we free the woman inside our souls, the amazing, gifted woman God created us to BE.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New News is Bad News

My husband and I received some interesting news this week. We thought we knew where we were going in the world with my husband in seminary, and now it looks like those plans will be put on hold indefinitely.

What do we do? It's due to events completely out of our control. I prayed and asked the Lord, because people I care about are being hurt. I want to do something, physically do something. He told me to wait, that it's not over yet, and that it will all work out.

It's so hard to feel no anxiety despite God's assurances. I trust Him. I do. Yet my heart cries out in impatience and compassion for my hurting friends. What will happen to them? (Answer: God will take care of them.)

It's so hard to wait for God's perfect timing. I'm not supposed to know what's happening, so I can't process this with other friends who will soon discover that they are affected too. The situation will be explained to them differently than it was to us, because the source we heard from and the source they will be hearing from are taking different positions. I suppose that means we're getting both sides? There are probably more sides than that for this one.

My husband and I agreed not to take a stand one way or the other yet. We know what our hearts are telling us, but we also know that God has told us to wait (we're not positive - yet - what God's will is for us). So, we're standing in silence, loving all involved, and hurting at the pain they're causing each other.

I wish I could be more specific. My priest told my husband a couple of weeks ago that he didn't think we'd be staying here much longer (in this part of the state).

A lot of changes might be coming. I pray that they're changes that "bring hope and a future".

1 Comments:

Blogger EditingSarah said...

I'm sorry, Terri. I too have some pretty big questions about my future. Different questions. I'm praying for you. And hope to hear what happens.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home